Monday, August 8, 2011

If it's cute, it fits.

My daughter gave my husband a single directive before he left for a recent work trip to Seattle: "Bring me back something pink."

He dutifully hit up Schmancy and came back with this oddball bit of hand-crafted plush by Absolutely Small.


She's hereby been christened "Fluffy," (yeah, I know, not very imaginative) and, according to the tag, she's a member of the "2010 All Bunny Swim Team."

Though it looks like the (vaguely creepy) product of a Home-Ec project, I can't deny its charm. "Fluffy" is the handiwork of artist Claire Chambers, who sells many of her perfectly imperfect wares on Etsy. I'd never heard of her before, but from cursory research, she seems really enamored of chickens wearing pants.

All in all, I have to give Super Dad his props. This is a huge step up from last minute airport tchotchkes!

No comments:

Post a Comment