Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wantables — The Housewarming Edition

Where have I been?! Yeesh!

After a feverish house-hunt, we've finally found the right spot to house all of our books, dolls, shoes, books and Trader Joe's snacks. And, though I am currently surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap, I thought it best to neglect the blog no longer.

Instead, I will now blog about home decor that I would love to own (and, subsequently, have to pack into boxes with bubble wrap the next time I move).

Interestingly, much of what makes my eyes bug out is stuff that I would buy for my daughter (at least, she would be my red herring). As with most of the stuff I pick for her, these really just speak to my inner-child. If she is as infatuated with them as I am, well then, all the better!

Something to lift my husband's spirits about the new house's shared bathroom scenario...

Chrome Rollerstop Door Stop, Fitzsu, $190 (!).

UK artist Mandy Sutcliffe's Belle & Boo offers cuteness that I know for a fact my daughter would like as much as I do; we sat on the sofa last night cooing over every single item (she made sure I was very thorough). All of their retro-inspired prints, cushions and paper goods feature whimsical kids that call to mind the Morton's salt girl.


"Lola Freedom" print (I'm pretty sure this one's getting got!), £35.

"My Favorite Spot" Cushion (this is one in a collection, each depicting a different season), £42.

It has taken the better part of five years, but I've finally come to terms with the color pink. I'm never going to be a fan, but to humor the little one, I go along to get along. It's easier to do so when pink is used to ironic effect. Check it...
"Tigers*pink" pillow covers (pink and a tutu, without being too girly!), by Karin Soderquist, €19.99, Envelop.

Here, some good dirt camouflage, more balance for the rampant girliness and some built-in entertainment.
Hopscotch rug, $199, CB2.

Blogs posting about wall decals? That's pretty much done to death...but these glow-in-the-dark ones kinda rule!


Wallcandy Night Lights, $48, Velocity Art and Design.


And, hey, even a little something for me. Imagine this filled with a spray of sweet peas, ranunculus, or some other farmer's market finds.
Test the Waters Vase, $34.99, Mod Cloth.

Um...yeah, so...if you need my new address for shipping purposes...just give a shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment