Friday, August 27, 2010

Mildly-Obssessed With This Band

What is it about Denmark duo Quadron that has me so enthralled?

I first heard them early in the year via KCRW (because I am officially in that geezer-ific demographic now). Since then, I've been trying to tell folks about them to the point where I'm practically on street team status.


I've been drumming my fingers waiting to hear of any tour news, with nothing but a few random festivals ever popping up. Now, I hear their coming to L.A. in October. According to their site, they play the Shrine Auditorium on October 23. According to the Shrine's site, that's the date Air is playing (though I didn't see mention of an opener). So, shall I connect the dots and assume they're opening for Air?

I love me some "Sexy Boy" and all, but I am not sure I could stand to sit through a whole night of Air's dreamy stuff. I have, indeed, been known to fall asleep at shows as varied as Sonic Youth and Blues Traveler (don't ask).

Is my mild obsession enough to make me down a Red Bull and eat those words? With any luck, they'll beef up their tour schedule to include some dates at, say, the more accessible (and affordable) Detroit Bar, or Belly Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment