Monday, May 5, 2014

I wrote two of these posts. Guess which ones (it's not that difficult).


























For the past couple of months, I've been writing for TV-centric site, Previously.TV (my archived posts are right here). It's a fun gig that allows me to revel in my No. 1 pastime. I figured, instead of lamenting the fact that I no longer have a vibrant nighttime social life, I should embrace it. Then, I took that logic a step further and decided to monetize my newfound homebody lifestyle!

I went on to find out that people (besides my husband) actually agreed with my critiques of the outfits featured on "Girls," they appreciated my input on "A Different World" cast members, and they shared my love of H. Jon Benjamin's voice talent canon. It's been a great ride, so far.

But trouble lies ahead...



All my favorite shows have either wrapped for the season, or, like "Bob's Burgers," they're coming to a swift end this month. No more "Parks &  Recreation," "Portlandia," or even my guilty pleasure, "Scandal." I'll have to wait until fall for more "Key & Peele" and "Broad City." Right now, I have "Inside Amy Schumer" to hold me over, plus, "Louie" returns tonight and "Maron" is back Thursday. Also, Amy Poehler's brother, Greg, has a sitcom coming up on the horizon (yes, I love her enough to jump on the nepotism bandwagon). Otherwise, this summer looks like it's going to be filled with the more outlandish strains of your typical primetime game shows, reality TV, and hour-long dramas about doctors/lawyers/cab-drivers (?!?).

What's a nascent TV blogger to do when programming goes on cruise control? I've already binge-watched all the biggies (well, at least, all the shows my fragile sensibilities can handle). I have a few web series I may toy around with (Chris O'Dowd's "Moone Boy" on Hulu looks appealing). And then, there are the shows that I will watch in private, but never publicly own up to (I'm looking at you, "Girl Code" and Nicole Richie reality show).

What will you be watching this summer once you realize: a.) you've exceeded your "going out" budget for the month; b.) realize you were lying to yourself about reading more; c.) you can't find a babysitter for the evening, or, d.) the thought of getting off the sofa is too much to bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment