Monday, May 12, 2014

Wantables — Yoda Vans
















Aww! Look at that coy little Jedi Master peeking out from behind those hibiscus flowers. So delightfully random, right? These ladies' Era lace-ups are part of the new The Vault by Vans x Star Wars collaboration. The full line of shoes and accessories hits stores June 1.

Funny enough, I'm not drawn to this print based on any particular love for the Star Wars canon (I don't even recall watching any of the films all the way through). No, when I first saw these, I was reminded of another film entirely.


In The Coen Brothers' 1987 classic, "Raising Arizona," the exceptionally quotable Nathan Arizona spat out one of my favorite movie lines of all time, one which I'd have to fight the urge to shout every time I wore these sneakers...

Cop: What did the pyjamas look like?
Nathan Arizona: I dunno...they were jammies! They had Yodas 'n' shit on 'em!

Not for nothing, Star Wars fan or no, I could also see the case for these totally '80s AT-AT Walker Slip-Ons. They make me wanna rock an OP crop top and an acid wash denim skater skirt over biking shorts.


No comments:

Post a Comment