Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wantables — The Etsy Edition



That dorm room-esque LED clock/radio in my bedroom is an eyesore that greats me every morning. (The fact that it's always reporting a 6:25 a.m. wake-up time isn't any help.) This bamboo Table Clock by Decoylab would make a swell replacement, but I predict my husband may complain about its lack of numbers. The designer bills it as a nursery feature; not that I have any use for such, but I think it would be a sweet little addition for a boy, or a girl.



Leann Marshall wasn't my favorite Season 5 Project Runway contestant (oh, Korto, why are you stuck making bracelets and bags?). Her folds and fluffs were pleasant enough, but the only real use I had for her was hearing Tim Gunn enter the work room and say, "Leaaaannnn. How are you doing?" I always answered, "Fine, Tim!" like the geek that I am. All the same, my brow perked up when I read that she was having a sample sale of her wares on Etsy. This wool and lurex blend skirt, in particular, made me miss the Bravo PR days of relevant, creative designers. The price is cray-cray for my personal reality ($245). But when you consider it's a one-of-a-kind and lends itself to pretty cool bragging rights, it doesn't offend nearly as much as the $525 prom-looking dress alongside it in the sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment