Friday, February 26, 2010

Being Crafty Is On My To-Do List

I spotted Home Ec. during my last visit to L.A. and wanted to go in, but they were closed.

Browsing around their site, I found out it's a crafting workshop studio that opened last August. (What used to be there? I want to say...a second-hand shoppe.)

Not only can all-thumbs wannabes like me buy designer Heather Ross' fairytale-inspired fabric there...
...they can also enroll in an in-house class to teach them how to make it into something. Funny...I bought some a year ago on an impulse and never imagined it could serve any other function than gathering dust.

March 14's Kid Class: Spring Egg-stravaganza jumped out at me immediately. And I got even more excited when I found out super-cool mom and crafter par excellence, Clare Crespo, was one of the teachers, I was all ready to sign up.


Then I scrolled down the course description and found it was only open to kids 8-12. Boo!

All the same, if you (adults) want to learn embroidery, or modern baby quilt-making, or if you're just in the market for wooden buttons from Japan, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment