Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Hitchcockian Occurrence

Pardon the rather random post...


This is one of the few quirky little things I like about Capistrano Beach. For some reason, seagulls like to circle in large numbers, high above ground and relatively far from the water. There are dozens and dozens that congregate a few times throughout the day. After making like an avian twister, they break away in groups of three or four, all without their usual annoying screeching. I've never seen it anywhere else I've lived (though, the pigeons do something similar above the elevated F train stations in Brooklyn). My kid calls it a "bird party."



Can't believe I've only just now decided to snap pictures of it...and I really wish I had an undamaged camera with which to snap.

Any bird buffs out there have an explanation for this occurrence?

No comments:

Post a Comment