Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wantables — Early Spring Edition

Unless Janet returns for another scandal, I'll just assume there's nothing going on in the Super Bowl that's worthy of my attention. Instead, I'll direct my gaze toward these covetable new spring goodies that I categorize as "look, don't touch"...

Having short hair means I have a lot more leeway when it comes to statement jewelry. In terms of earrings and necklaces, I can go as big as is comfortable. I would love to wear this Maslodesign vintage melange necklace with a simple scoopneck top, a full A-line skirt and some metallic wedges...you know, to go out on one of those swanky dates that I'm always going on all the time.


I don't take iron pills. I really need to, but I am silly and stubborn, so I don't. As such, I am always cold. Always. Cold. Even in the summer. Far more fun than swallowing horse pill supplements is buying lots and lots of jackets. This lightweight cotton motorcycle jacket would be a nice addition — wearable with jeans, dresses, skirts. (Actually, it's only $54, within my reasonable spending range; it's only a "wantable" because they're sold out of my size at the moment.)


When I was in elementary school, I drew "fashion girls" with feverish passion. They fleshed out the fantasies I harbored as I sat in my uninspired Osh-Kosh separates. This dress over on Modcloth is like a grown-up version of the tiered dresses I heavily favored (no side-tie hair bows, or space boots, though).


Metallic shoes are all I want to wear anymore, it seems. I want to wear these gold Tretorn sneakers until they fall apart. They're so Sophia Petrillo (and I mean that in a good way).


While I'm wanting stuff that I'm never going to have, I'll go on record as saying I want the body it takes to pull off this one-piece. And while I'm at it, better go ahead and want to know how to swim.


Behold the one wantable in this whole post that may eventually end up in my closet. In keeping with my usual Anthropologie shopping habits, I plan to find this dress at the brick and mortar, try it on, visit it at a later date to make sure the spark's still there and then swoop down on it when it makes its way into the "Sale" alcove.

1 comment: