Friday, February 26, 2010

Eraser Crumbs — Well, More Like Paper Slivers This Time



The other day I mentioned my budding paper-cutting skills. Here's my most recent attempt. Pretty simple, but I found myself with more inspiration than supplies.




This was done using these Cutter Bee scissors I picked up at Target. They were on the scrap-booking aisle and real life, grown-up paper artists might scoff at them. But they did the trick (more, or less). I just bought this Fiskars craft knife today and, with any luck, I'll be able to use it on the trickier stuff, like letters. I'm slowly working my way up to X-acto knives, which, for some reason, seem so professional and unapproachable for a novice such as myself.

For reasons I'm sure a therapist could easily elucidate, I never seem to do these projects for myself (or, for money). The only thing that gets me motivated is the need for, say, a birthday gift. This one was done by request for an almost-3-year-old homie of mine.

I'll make you one, too, if you like*. I'm stocked up on supplies now and the first person to ask for one in the comments will receive a customized cut-paper piece (it doesn't have to be letter-, or mermaid-specific). We'll sort out shipping behind the scenes.

*Um, for practical reasons, I probably won't be making offers like this in the future. I just need the practice, so...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I wish I could cut anything in a straight line - let alone make art by cutting. I especially like her eyes. It's not easy to convey happy squinting, which is my favorite kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folks, the lovely & amazing Miss Blanca is so kindly declining the freebie, despite her being the first to post.

    So, the offer still stands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take a monster truck leaping over a lagoon of devil unicorns. This truck's sponsors include red bull and the united union of taco trucks in Los Angeles (U2T2LA).

    ReplyDelete